Thursday 15 February 2018

Stash Busting Challenge - Week 2

Hi everyone, sorry this post is a little late.  We have been super busy with half term activities, days out and visiting family.  

So continuing with the stash busting, more granny squares, large ones this time.  For this blanket I have used Stylecraft Special dk in shades of Pale Rose, Mocha, Parchment, Duck Egg, Soft Peach and Cream.


 I joined the squares with single crochet from the back in Pale Rose, which leaves a lovely dotted line of colour on the front of the blanket.


 A simple border of pretty shells to finish it off.


Ta Da! blanket three finished...


 ...looking for a new home.


I loved the way the pink and duck egg blanket turned out and wanted to make something similar for a boy.  So I exchanged the pink and peach for Copper and Stone Nepp in Life dk.


For this blanket I used a round of bobble edging in Duck Egg to finish it off.


Ta Da! Blanket four finished.


Now available in my Etsy store... 


The stash busting will continue next week...
By for now
Catherine
x

5 comments:

  1. Good idea, that joining! Looks lovely!! You have such a good feeling for colour. I'm sure these blankets will find a new home very soon! :-) Take care, Sigrid x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sigrid. I was very relieved when I finished the border on the 2nd blanket, I only had just enough yarn left to finish it...

      Delete
  2. Those are 2 beautiful blankets. Love the colors you chose for a boy and a girl. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous ! Love the choice of colors and the borders !

    ReplyDelete